This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Thursday, May 22, 2008

I need help...

I really need help! There are so many things that about me that could use some work. I could make a very long list, but that would be overwhelming. I decided to try a little accountability therapy. I am posting a photo today and I am going to take better care of them so that a visible improvement can be seen in one month. That may not sound like a big deal to some but for me, it is monumental. I have a sad condition called "crafter's hands" I always seem to have some ink or glue or dry skin to display instead of groomed nails and cuticles. I have tons of hand creams but I forget to use them. I never wear gloves for cleaning and my nails split and peel all the time. Dr. Phil says you have to acknowledge the reality of something before you can change it. So...




One more...

Okay so the plan is to take another photo in two weeks and then again in one month. Would you like to join the challenge? If you have a blog, post a photo of your hands or nails on it and put the link in your comment to this post. Come on, you know you want to!

2 comments:

Kim Jensen said...

LOL Cathy! I love your first photo!

My nails are actually one of the few areas I do ok in. When I was young (like grade school) I had a terrible habit of tearing my nails, but one day decided to quit cold turkey. I've had really long strong nails since. When one or two break off, I cut them all off to match and then just ignore them again until they break or all get too long. Of course, I don't really do any hands on crafting these days, and I avoid cleaning as much as possible, so I'm not doing much to mess them up in the first place. :-b

I hope you do well with your challenge. Can't wait to see your beautifully improved hands! :)

spam123sabath said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you could publish a photo of those yucky nails and cuticles for everyone to see!! Have you no shame? I shudder to think what might be next, perhaps your unshaven legs? Ugh!!
LOL and ROTF, you silly girl!