This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Large prints...

on papers are a problem for cardmakers. A pattern that looks beautiful for a scrapbook page is often too large to use to make a card. A solution for using up your scraps of large print papers is to use the paper itself as the focal image. Just add a sentiment and some ribbon to complete. Not only does it look pretty, it is really quick to do.

Inspired by this card by Connie Collins
Fabulous Friends

 Supplies all from Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, and Whisper White.
DSP Greenhouse Gala.(retired)
Stamps: Four Frames.
Embossing folder: Finial Press.
Ink: Chocolate Chip. Ribbon: Chocolate Chip Satin.



3 comments:

gale said...

This is genius-I love this idea! I need to go through and find all those big print papers I always neglect.

The Mama Monkey said...

Perfect way to use that paper and get a card done pronto!!

Anonymous said...

great idea. I think I need to do this with my stamp club ladies to give them some ideas for using up their larger prints. Very few of them scrapbook and a lot don't like the big prints.