This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I made pesto yesterday...

I had a lot of basil in the garden and I just didn't want it to go to waste. I love pesto but DH doesn't so I put it in mini muffin pans and put it in the freezer. Then I popped them out and stored the individuals servings in a zip-lock bag. I am growing Summer Long basil and the leaves are tiny so it took me a long time to pull 4 cups worth off the cut bunches. So worth the effort though, and the kitchen smelled so good all day. I love the smell of basil! Here is a pic of the basil before I made a big mess in the kitchen.



I also made zucchini relish this week. I got a kick out of the fact that everything except the onions came from my garden. My zucchini plants, the two of them, look like they are about finished for the season, so I cut them back and I will remove them in a couple of weeks.  We sure have enjoyed the zucchini!  I got 14 jars of the relish put up for the coming year.






I will post a card for you tomorrow. I haven't touched anything from the new Stampin' Up! catalog yet, and there are a lot of cute stamps and some great new colors. I just need to carve out a little crafting time. Take care and thanks for visiting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious, Cathy! So cool that you grew all that yourself!