This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Clean and simple.....

Maybe too clean and simple. I think I may try this design again and add something else to pretty it up, but I'm keeping this one just like it is. I love the tree stamp in the Thoughts and Prayers set by Stampin' Up! It is such a great set and I know I will be using it over and over. I love sets like that!



Supplies:
Confetti White, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum and Whisper White card stock. Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes. Stampin' Up's Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Big Shot Texture Plate, and Stamp-a-ma-jig. Pearls are from my scrapbooking stash.

5 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

I love the CAS look! I know it is difficult to get used to, espcially when you like to add so many embellies! I love the tree in 2 colors as well! Another gorgeous one!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors that you chose, and I especially like the double stamped effect of the trees. I am pretty new (6months) to card making and still learning the ropes, so clean and simple look really good to me.

Have a happy stamping day!

Trish in Wisconsin

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! I love the textured green cardstock and how you stamped the trees in 2 different colors! That label punch is awesome!

Naomi said...

I think it looks pretty nice the way it is! Siobhan is right, it's hard to go CAS and be happy with them when you usually embellish. The shadow effect in green for the tree is great! I don't have this set, but keep saying I should get it.

Kathi said...

This is beautiful, simple, yet very elegant! I love the added texture of the embossed background!