This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Monday, July 20, 2009

Cute little hats card....

This is the card I made for my sister Carol's birthday. She is definitely one of a kind so I wanted to make her a special card. Her birthday was Saturday so now I can post this.



I got the directions for making the card here: Dawn's Stamping Studio
Dawn has a bunch of terrific videos for wonderful projects. Check out her site!
I changed the card a little for my own purposes and theme. I used Stampin' Up's Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock. I stamped the flowers with the flower trio from the One Of A Kind stamp set and punched them with the Boho Blossoms punch. Some white grosgrain ribbon, a pearl, and some faux stitching done with a white gel marker finished it off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I love the darling little hats.

gale said...

Adorable card! Love the colors-very striking.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow, this is adorable! Your one of a kind sis is going to love it!

Louise F NZ said...

This is just the cutest thing I have ever seen made with punches! I love the colours you have used too.

Tlbran said...

WOW! Gorgeous card! Those hats look they are real felt hats! Love the white gel pen lines you used to add dimension!

Naomi said...

The hats look great! It's kind of a neat little spin on the punch pocketbooks! You really did a great job on this one.

Anonymous said...

This card is too cool for words. Lucky sister. Again, great color combos. I think I am going to have to follow you around and use your color combos, they seem to turn out just perfectly. The hats are to die for, couldn't get any cuter.

Have a happy stamping day!

Trish in Wisconsin