This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Sunday, July 18, 2010

A special shout out to my sister Carol today...

and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her. I couldn't be with her today but her friend took her out to brunch at her favorite Lewes, Delaware restaurant (at least for brunch, anyway) Sending lots of hugs, love you, girl!

I am preparing for a little workshop that I am having tomorrow. My projects are finished, now I just have to clean up the big mess I made in the stamp room. I won't share what we will work on tomorrow but I have another card to post tonight. I've seen a lot of cards using the ornament punch as a vase and always meant to
do a card using it, but haven't gotten around to it until now. I am always way behind on trends, lol. Here is my version. A simple card, but with lots of texture.


Supplies all from Stampin' Up!:
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, River Rock, and Very Vanilla. Ink: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, and Cherry Cobbler. Stamps: "Pocket Silhouettes", "Sanded" Background stamp, "For All You Do", and "Fourteen Phrases". SU Ornament punch, Finial Press embossing folder, and Linen Thread.

4 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

This is fantastic, so cool how yu have turned the punched ornament into a vase.

Jenn Embry said...

I love it! The different textures are great and I love how the flowers & leaves just pop.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

That is so creative!! I never would've thought to do that and I love the added texture. Hope your sister had a great birthday :)

Naomi said...

I think the simplicity is what sets this one off. And great touch embossing the ornament punch!