This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Friday, August 19, 2011

3 Cards from my last workshop...

Last weekend I had a workshop focusing on sponging and reverse masking. We made three clean and simple cards using those techniques. We all had such a good time making these, I will definitely do another workshop using sponging.
First is a simple birthday card. Sorry about the glare on the black cardstock. Black does not photograph well. I always seem to get a glare. I used painter's tape to mask off the edges of the sponged area. Make sure you get some of the "sticky" off the tape first by putting it on your clothing or an old tee.



All from Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla. Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Petite Pairs. Ink: So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Basic Black. Ribbon Black and White checked Gingham (Ret).

 Next a super-simple thinking of you card. You could use different colors of ink to suit your taste instead of the pinks. I think this would work really well in the sunset colors. Painter's tape used again.



Supplies all from Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Whisper White and Certainly Celery. Stamps:  Autumn Days and  Three Little Words. Ink: Perfect Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink and Rich Razzleberry. Basic Rhinestones accents.

 This last one is a sympathy card. I think it is very serene and calming. I used torn paper to do the masking for the hills. Another clean and simple card.



Supplies all from Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Whisper White and Wisteria Wonder. Stamps:  Just Believe and Thoughts and Prayers. Ink: Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant. Basic Pearls accents.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful, Cathy! I love the soft color and clean lines!

gale said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. Love the sponging effect.

Kim said...

WOW, those three cards that you made at your work shop are gorgeous!! I would have liked to been there myself.

The Mama Monkey said...

I love these ideas! They all look so rich and pretty!