This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Who comes up with these ideas?


Some people are so creative. I learned how to do this folded card on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Clicking on the link will take you to the video. Thank you so much for the video, Dawn and Georgia Giguere for the design! You need to make this card, it is serious fun! Mine was a big hit at the last workshop. It got "loved" a lot and the tree's trunk even got lost. I guess I need to make another.
Supplies used: Stampin' Up!'s Kraft, Whisper White, and Ruby Red card stock. Merry Moments Designer paper, Hemp twine, Garden Green Classic ink and the Season of Joy stamp set.
Here is a side view, now go, go watch the video and make the card!

10 comments:

Jenn Embry said...

Ooooh, very pretty. I love all the details. It looks like it would be a lot fun to make.

gale said...

Oh wow what a cool looking card! Really neat-I'll have to check out that tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great card. it is so pretty and looks wonderful.

Carmen O. said...

Oh so very pretty! Did it go together fairly fast? I just might have to give it a try. Beautiful work!

Cassie_lu said...

how stunning is this card and yet it is so simple in color and embellies. great job

The Mama Monkey said...

This is an amazing card! And any excuse to make another, huh??! :)

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Hi Cathy Rose :) How are ya? Sorry I've been MIA!
I LOVE this card, love it! You did such a beautiful job on it. Thanks for the link to the video.

Deb S. said...

This is fabulous! I love the ripped paper for snow.

Louise F NZ said...

Gorgeous card... love the colours and images you have used. i will definitely have to give one of these a go.

Naomi said...

Ooh, nice fold! It looks like the stair step card cut partially down one side, and the other side scored. How neat!!! Yours looks wonderful! This does look fun, I will have to try one!!!