This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Thursday, September 3, 2009

Zucchini Relish recipe.....

As requested, here it is. If you are not familar with canning procedures, please check out this site to learn everything you need to know.
Fresh Preserving


ZUCCHINI RELISH
Ingredients:
8 cups chopped zucchini (approx. 10-12 med)
4 cups chopped onion (approx. 4 -5 med)
2 cups chopped sweet green peppers
2 cups chopped sweet red or yellow peppers ( I used one cup of each)
8 TBS salt 8 tsp celery seed
7 cups sugar 4 tsp mustard seed
4 cups cider vinegar
------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------
Combine zucchini, onion, green , red and yellow peppers. Sprinkle with salt.
Cover with cold water. Let stand for 2 hours. Drain veggies, pressing out
liquid. Combine remaining ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
Add veggies and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour hot into hot jars , (following
water bath method of canning rules) leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Process 10 min in the boiling water bath. Makes about 8 pints.

2 comments:

gale said...

Ahh thanks! I am going to save this. Our zucchini did awful this year but I might find some at the farmer's market.

Leslie Hanna said...

Thanks!!!