This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sorry it has been so long....

since I posted. I have just never gotten into the routine of posting every day. My life is far too uninteresting to find something to talk about every day. My life isn't boring to me, but most people wouldn't be checking eagerly for the next post, trust me.
Something I've gotten hooked on maybe be interesting to some of you. I learned how to make this cute little shirt from a pattern and instructions on the Scor-Pal site here. Thanks to Cambria Turnbow for sharing this with the rest of us. The first card is for Father's Day or for a guy's birthday card. I made it for a dear friend's birthday. He is a really snappy dresser so I had to put a gold tie bar with a diamond stud on it. These little shirts are so much fun to make, I think you will be seeing a lot more of them.



Now let's see if I can remember what I used to make it. Stampin' Up's More Mustard and Chocolate Chip cardstock. SU White craft ink. Brown print scrap paper for the shirt and tie. SU Brushed Gold CS for the tie bar. Autumn Vine DSP (retired)

6 comments:

thescrapmaster said...

Great card! I love that cute little shirt!
Hugs,
Samantha

scrappinmominky said...

The little shirt is adorable. Love the gold tie tack.

Leslie Hanna said...

You should never apologize for your own blog! It's YOURS, remember?! I applaud you for only blogging when you think something is interesting enough to share. ;-)

What a fun card! I love this shirt! I make one very similar to it, but I follow a Kindergarten pattern so I can understand it. I make mostly Father's Day cards with them, but instead of a tie (most of the guys I know gave them up long ago) I use two or three mini buttons down the front to make it look like a polo shirt.

Traci said...

Beautiful card! I love the shirt and that adorable tie! Great dp!

gale said...

That is so cute. Love the shirt and tie and the colors too!

The Mama Monkey said...

I LOVE this card! Adorable shirt! Thanks for the link to the template as well! Can't wait to see more!