This is my place to share with family and friends. You might find handmade cards, digital scrapbook pages, photos or a little chatter because those are the things I love. My blog is a work in progress, so be patient with me. Most of the time I think I will be talking to myself, but hey, I'm used to that!



Saturday, June 7, 2008

Can you backdate these posts?

Okay, so where did the last week go? For someone who always feels so busy, I don't seem to have much to show for it! This week has flown by and the weekend is upon us. This past Wednesday we had some very bad storms and a couple of tornadoes touched down very near us. About 4 miles away, there was a lot of damage and a couple of people injured. Not fun stuff, for sure! The weather has been quiet the last 2 days and I hope it stays that way. Here is a picture of some of the damage.


I had a scary couple of hours with my computer today. When I turned it on this morning (Friday) I got this error screen and it wouldn't boot up. I tried everything I knew to do, then call Dell support. When the tech asked "do you have anything on your computer that you would be upset about losing?" I knew I was in trouble. Duh, of course I do! He was proposing to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my programs. I just couldn't bring myself to tell him about my thousands of digital scrapbooking files. I just croaked out, "couldn't we try something else first?" I won't bore you with the details but we did get it to boot up. As soon as I got off the phone, I started backing up photos and layouts as fast as I could. Most of them are backed up with Carbonite, but just to be sure I did the photos and the newest downloads I had. Phew!

No comments: